Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Millionaire By 46?

I'm gonna start a blog and I am gonna call it "Millionaire By 46." One of these days, I am going to create posts for it . If I start this blog and then stop, it will be because I am an average American procrastinator. Then again, there will undoubtedly be other reasons for not continuing to post. Maybe there will be some streaming show that I will have been dying to watch and/or finish. Or some life-threatening laundry emergency demanding my attention. Of course, there's always the kids. If a diaper doesn't need changing, if I wait a minute or two, at least I will know where to find one. I'm sure there will be toys somewhere in the house needing to picked up or a bathroom needing my attention.
Many other reasons will likely stand between me and blog creation.creation. Naps might take precedence or even better, actual sleep. I might get hungry and forget my train of thought.
There will be lots and lots of reasons ( excuses) as to why I ( I will probably stop the blog before it goes anywhere productive. I will not attain any level of measurable  success, not to mention have large numbers of readers or make any money from my blog. WHY IS THAT?
What is likely to keep me from blog stardom?
Start with an appetizer of excuses, a main course of procrastination, and a dessert full of fear. My excuses will be numerous. It's too hard. No one will read it. I won't know what to write. I will second guess myself to frustration. In terms of procrastination,my favorite words will be tomorrow, later, and not right now. The fear will come in bags of I won't be good enough, fear of failing, and even the fear of success.
As if this list wasn't long enough, I might even be tempted to be overly concerned with pleasing everyone, political correctness, or offending people.
I might be afraid of writing to the wrong crowd. Too old , too young. What if Google puts me too far below on its search engine? What if I forget to spell check or punctuate where I shouldn't punctuate.
I could even caught up in trying to save the planet or otherwise " good things".
Surely there will be someone needing my moving to another house expertise or the overdue yard work I feel obligated to do for them. I could just end up being everyone's "yes man" who never says "NO". Call John, he's your man. If he can't do it nobody can. And on and on and on.
STOP!!!
* ( John pauses and rereads the title)
Millionaire By 46?
That's right.
 No excuses.
No blaming.
No doubt.
NONE of the fears .
None of the distractions.
Only GETTING AFTER IT.
Only MASSIVE ACTION.
OnlY GETTING IT DONE.
In 5 years,, I WILL be a MILLIONAIRE. More importantly,  I will be helping MANY people become millionaires themselves.
The real journey has begun.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment