Sunday, October 13, 2019

To do list hysteria

I always have a to-do list.  It's rarely on paper or rarely leaves my head but it's a to-do list. It is full of long- over due things that drive me crazy that they are not done.

Whether it's paperwork or phone calls, the undone threatens to undo me. It's headache causing, stress inducing, and mind numbing irritation.

Don't bother me kids, I am working on
my to do list. Wait, I forget. My kids point to a half dozen items on the list.
Maybe that's why it drives me so crazy. The idea that there are important things that pertain to my kids explains the stress.

What's more is that this list is continually growing and that only adds to the hysteria. Get one thing accomplished and two more items replace it.

What do I do to get a handle on my to do list before it consumes me? Well,  I only try to get one thing done at a time. Save multi-tasking for some other work-a-holic. Tackling one list item at a time makes it seems so much more manageable.

The opposite of overwhelming stress that accompanies to do list management is the triumphant feeling that comes with the completion of eaach individual task.

One thing at a time. Keep it simple silly. Don't let your list overwhelm you. Overwhelm your list with progress and movements. Get 'er done and get it done.

Turn your to to do list into a I got it done list.

No comments:

Post a Comment